Top 10 Bike Tips: Tip 7- Bike Saddles come in All Shapes and Sizes

Home / Biking / Bike / Top 10 Bike Tips: Tip 7- Bike Saddles come in All Shapes and Sizes

Just as there are different bikes for different applications, bike saddles are designed to match to the rider’s size and riding style. If you’re a recreational rider and your bike is setup with roughly 10% of your weight at your hands and the other 90% on your seat then the saddle should be fairly wide and comfortable. If, however, your bike is setup more aggressively, with more weight on your hands (40%) then the saddle should reflect this. It will typically be smaller in size, therefore reducing chaffing. People come in all shapes and sizes and so do saddles. Paramount stocks a selection of saddles, in multiple widths and varying riding styles.

Share this!Share on FacebookShare on LinkedInTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on Pinterest
Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Bike Tip 6 Guelphmountain bike guelph, bike store guelph